N e m e s i s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum Is For BlackOut Ragnarok Guild N e m e s i s To Hang Out

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roar 'transition' gets a boost

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tammy
N e m e s i s Posting Wh*re
N e m e s i s Posting Wh*re

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Roar 'transition' gets a boost Empty
PostSubject: Roar 'transition' gets a boost   Roar 'transition' gets a boost EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 am

Despatched as CEO of Brisbane Lions last October after eight years in the job, Bowers was first approached by FFA nearly two years ago and now Buckley believes he has got the right man to bring a raft of new investors on board, with the peak body keen to divest its interest in the club that has run to an estimated $3 million in the past two years following a recent $1.5m top-up to cover recent losses.

A long-time friend of Buckley, Bowers was the accidental victim of a sweeping review into the operations of the Lions, which he himself instituted last year after a disastrous 2010 campaign.

But Buckley told The World Game on Monday that with his extensive contacts, Bowers would be a key acquisition in shoring up Roar’s long-term viability.

Roar is in the midst of boardroom upheaval with majority backer, The Coffee Club, looking to end its financial commitments and the club desperate for new benefactors.

Buckley was upbeat over Roar’s off-field health, insisting the club will overcome its current issues and find new stability with Bowers pushing the barrow.

Bowers, whose second year at the Lions saw it win the 2003 AFL flag, saw his stocks plunge after it was discovered back in 2009 that more than $2 million of members' money had been wiped off the club's share portfolio.

“Michael has a strong commercial and corporate background and he understands sport from all angles and knows the Brisbane market intimately,” Buckley said.

“He will help us restructure the club and build its capital and membership base.

search engine optimization services
Uebersetzungsbuero Englisch
Back to top Go down

Roar 'transition' gets a boost
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
N e m e s i s :: Off Topic :: Word Games-
Jump to: