N e m e s i s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum Is For BlackOut Ragnarok Guild N e m e s i s To Hang Out

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dominican Republic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
moonlight172
N e m e s i s Posting Wh*re
N e m e s i s Posting Wh*re

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-09-18

The Dominican Republic  Empty
PostSubject: The Dominican Republic    The Dominican Republic  EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:30 am

The Dominican Republic (Listeni /dəˌmɪnɪkən rɪˈpʌblɪk/; Spanish: República Dominicana, pronounced [reˈpuβlika ðominiˈkana]) is a nation on the island of Hispaniola, part of the Greater Antilles archipelago in the Caribbean region. The western third of the island is occupied by the nation of Haiti, making Hispaniola one of two Caribbean islands that are shared by two countries. Both by area and population, the Dominican Republic is the second largest Caribbean nation (after Cuba), with 48,442 square kilometres (18,704 sq mi) and an estimated 10 million people.[2][7]

Inhabited by Taínos since the 7th century, the territory of the Dominican Republic was reached by Christopher Columbus in 1492 and became the site of the first permanent European settlement in the Americas, namely Santo Domingo, the country's capital and Spain's first capital in the New World. In Santo Domingo stand, among other firsts in the Americas, the first university, cathedral, and castle, the latter two in the Ciudad Colonial area, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.[business neon signs
Dreamtrips
Back to top Go down
tranthuongbn
N e m e s i s In Training

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The Dominican Republic    The Dominican Republic  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:44 am

The Haitian Revolution (1791–1804) was a period of brutal conflict in the French colony of Saint-Domingue, leading to the elimination of slavery and the establishment of Haiti as the first republic ruled by people of African ancestry. Although hundreds of rebellions occurred in the New World during the centuries of slavery, only the revolt on Saint-Domingue, which began in 1791, was successful in achieving permanent independence under a new nation. The Haitian Revolution is regarded as a defining moment in the history of Africans in the New World.

dvds
action rpg
Back to top Go down
l0ve0fevil

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The Dominican Republic    The Dominican Republic  EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Do I have to register to post an ad?
No, you do not need to register to post an ad.

Do I have to pay to post an ad?
All posts are free. This includes both posting an ad and replying to an ad. You will not be charged.

How do I post an ad?
Posting is easy. Simply follow the instructions below:
1/ Click "Post Ad" at the top of all the pages.
2/ Chose a category.
3/ Enter a title, price (if applicable), and description. You have the option of uploading up your photos and/or videos and entering your address.
4/ Then enter your email address and click the "Post Your Ad" button.
5/ Finally, check your email for a message. Click the "Post Confirmation" link in that email and your ad will appear on the site.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dominican Republic    The Dominican Republic  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dominican Republic
Page 1 of 1