N e m e s i s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum Is For BlackOut Ragnarok Guild N e m e s i s To Hang Out

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

pon his breast, his eyes fixed upon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jukido
N e m e s i s In Training
N e m e s i s In Training

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-08-05

pon his breast, his eyes fixed upon Empty
PostSubject: pon his breast, his eyes fixed upon   pon his breast, his eyes fixed upon EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Holmes sat motionless by the fire, his hands buried deep in his trouser pockets, his chin sunk upon his breast, his eyes fixed upon the glowing embers. For half an hour he was silent and still. Then, with the gesture of a man who has taken his decision, he sprang to his feet and passed into his bedroom. A little later a rakish young workman, with a goatee beard and a swagger, lit his clay pipe at the lamp before descending into the street. "I'll be back some time, Watson," said he, and vanished into the night. I understood that he had opened his campaign against Charles Augustus Milverton, but I little dreamed the strange shape which that campaign was destined to take.

For some days Holmes came and went at all hours in this attire, but beyond a remark that his time was spent at Hampstead, and that it was not wasted, I knew nothing of what he was doing. At last, however, on a wild, tempestuous evening, when the wind screamed and rattled against the windows, he returned from his last expedition, and having removed his disguise he sat before the fire and laughed heartily in his silent inward fashion.
online crm
new manufactured homes
Back to top Go down

pon his breast, his eyes fixed upon
Page 1 of 1