N e m e s i s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum Is For BlackOut Ragnarok Guild N e m e s i s To Hang Out

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2000 Mozambique flood

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tranthuongbn
N e m e s i s In Training
N e m e s i s In Training

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2011-01-03

2000 Mozambique flood Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Mozambique flood   2000 Mozambique flood EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am

The floods began on 8 February with a lot of rain across South Africa, Botswana and Swaziland were also affected. Mozambique received the most rainfall, the capital Maputo was flooded. Torrential rain continued to the 11th of February, in Mozambique's Limpopo Valley, the banks of the Limpopo River burst, causing severe flood damage; residents of the area are struck with dysentery. On 22 February, tropical Cyclone Eline hit the Mozambican coast near Beira. On February 27, flash floods overwhelmed low farmlands around Chokwe and Xai-Xai.
Over 45,000 people were rescued from rooftops, trees and other isolated areas. This effort was at first carried out by only a few Mozambican naval vessels. The governments of South Africa, Malawi, and Mozambique provided a few helicopters to the rescue team. One of the devastating images of the flooding was Sofia Pedro giving birth in a tree while surrounded by flood water. She was then rescued by the South African Air Force who flew both her and her new daughter Rositha Pedro to Chibuto. Action by the

Breitling Avenger Chronograph replica
35mm slide scanning
Back to top Go down

2000 Mozambique flood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
N e m e s i s :: Off Topic :: Word Games-
Jump to: