N e m e s i s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum Is For BlackOut Ragnarok Guild N e m e s i s To Hang Out

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
loveofevil
N e m e s i s Posting Wh*re

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek) Empty
PostSubject: Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek)   Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek) EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:53 am

Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek), the beautiful island of roses, has a unique physical scenery that does not cease to impress its visitors. Also unique is its climate with more sunny days than any other place in Europe. With practically zero crime rate and friendly and hospitable people you'll be surprised how easy life in Rhodes can be.
Rhodes is the largest island in the Dodecanese Island group of Greece, both in land area and in population. Rhodes is located about 11 miles west of the Turkish shores, between the mainland of Greece and the island of Cyprus. The inner landscaping of Rhodes is mountainous and covered with forests of pine and cypress. Rhodes is also home to the beautiful Rhodian Deer.
Rhodes is perhaps well known for the famous Colossus of Rhodes, which is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The Colossus of Rhodes was a large statue of Helios, the Greek god, and was erected on the island between 292 and 280 BC. Before it was destroyed, the statue stood over 100 feet high, which made it the tallest statue in ancient times. The deer statues, also located in the Mandraki harbor where the Colossus of Rhodes once stood, are a beautiful sight in themselves.

St?vler
hotels rhodes
Back to top Go down
tranthuongbn
N e m e s i s In Training
N e m e s i s In Training

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek)   Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek) EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 5:15 pm

It is known as the Sindhu Sagar to Indians since the Vedic period of their history, and an important marine trade route in the era of the coastal sailing vessels from possibly as early as the 3rd millennium BCE, certainly the late 2nd millennium BCE through the later days known as the Age of Sail. By the time of Julius Caesar, several well-established combined land-sea trade routes depended upon water transport through the Sea around the rough inland terrain features to its north.

Karachi beach on the Arabian Sea, the historical sea route between Arabia and South Asia
These routes usually began in the Far East or down river from Madhya Pradesh with transshipment via historic Bharuch (Bharakuccha), traversed past the inhospitable coast of today's Iran then split around Hadhramaut into two streams north into the Gulf of Aden and thence into the Levant, or south into Alexandria via Red Sea ports such as Axum. Each major route involved transhipping to pack animal caravan, travel through desert country and risk of bandits and extortionate tolls by local potentiates.

savings
Air Conditioning Units
Back to top Go down
kaspersky

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek)   Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:20 am

One hopes that the Socceroos will have more success in Qatar than whoever it was that won the competition to name the slogan that’s painted on the bus parading the team around the country.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek)   Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
N e m e s i s :: Off Topic :: Word Games-
Jump to: